July 27, 2005

Just a thought...

















This pic was captured in Clear Creek State Park, just up north. I looked down, and saw something small and orange. Sure enough, this little fella poked his head out of a log for a few brief moments. Too bad he didn't stay out for a lil longer, I wanted to take more photos...

So... I've been getting a lot of nice complements on my photos recently. It's been a nice moral boost :-) But in the past, I always envied many of the artists at the Three Rivers Arts Festival. Such great artwork... such great photos. I got many new ideas when I have visited there.

This idea is something that I have considered in the past year. What would it take to get a booth there next year? I suppose I should investigate it. I'm sure it costs a pretty penny, but, I'm sure many artists make a lot of money down there though. But, I'm not really interested in the money... I would just like to do this for the experience.

I've been meaning to make a portfolio of my best shots... but... never got around to that. I'm pretty critical of my photos though... I always find something that could have been improved. I guess that makes me a perfectionist. I need to find some more people that will give me an honest opinion on some of my shots. Luckily, my best friend at Duq lived right next door, and he always pitched in his two cents.


Ah well, this is just an idea. This is one of the many things that go through my head as I'm trying to waste some time at work... (only two more days... woohoo!)

Laterz...

2 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Anonymous alyssa said...

Mark! My dad totally had a booth (paintings I believe) at the Arts Festival many years back! Not that I know anything about it, but I just felt like telling you that! And using exclamation points!

!!!!!!!!

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger carinne said...

I dunno about being able to give you an honest opinion. It's like I wouldn't be qualified to do it if I wanted to. I look at a picture and just look at it; I have no idea how to critique it from a photographer's standpoint. I can say it looks good, and your camera takes nice pictures but I dunno about much beyond that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home