September 03, 2005

news of the weird...


First off, this is the first picture that... isn't a photo. But it was from my computer. This is why microsoft is so... messed up.

Speaking of bigtime tech companies, I just realized how much Google has changed the way I go on my computer.

1.) First off, my homepage is google.

2.) Want to email me? Arkisman at gmail (google's email system) .com.

3.) Google Mail notifier... says if any new mail comes in.

4.) Google Desktop - the new version (2.0) rocks. I'd recommend getting it if you don't already have it.

5.) GoogleGet - downloads Google News straight to my iPod.

6.) Google SMS - I found so many answers when I txt Google at #46645.

7.) Picassa - This Google photo management software really helps me organize my photos.

8.) Google Toolbar - I love clicking on the "check spelling" button and it scans my emails and forms that I fill out on the web for errors.

9.) This blog - Blogger, it Google's system.

and 10.) How did I find my picture of my house from space? Google Earth, aka Keyhole.

Google is much more than a search engine...

So anywho, remember that post I did a while back saying that your light bulb will text you if it goes out? Well, this is one better. Phillips made a PILLOW that scrolls your SMS across the pillow. Crazzzzzy... see it here.

2 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Anonymous alyssa said...

blocking IE.. lmao, that is something that mine would do

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger bigBADbobby said...

4INFO (shortcode 44636) has a similar text message offering, but provides a few services that Google does not: sports scores ("packers" "nfl"), fantasy stats ("joe crede" "priest holmes"), flight times ("swa san jose san diego") and a beta version of mobile download search. All these services can be accessed via sms (44636), wap (http://wap.4INFO.net ), or email to search@4INFO.net.

Why 4INFO instead of Google?
“When asked recently for the address of a trendy downtown Manhattan club called Butter, both 4Info and Yahoo! located it on the first try. But Google sent back results better suited to baking.”
- Wendy Widman, Forbes.com. 8/3/2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home