October 24, 2005

C'mon people...


Alright... so as many of you already know (or not), during the week, I go downtown to water plants. It's my job - my dad is a florist and he has contracts with businesses for regular plant maintenance - so I'm the guy who goes around to office buildings downtown.

Anywho, I found out the worst time to go downtown with my watering cans... it's when it was raining. It's not because of the obvious factors that I'm getting wet and it's miserable... it's the fact that people don't understand what I'm doing. I was stopped 5 times by random people today and asked what I was doing with watering cans. "Why are you holding watering cans? It's raining." Really?? I didn't notice dumbass. Additionally, I was walking along 7th Avenue today, and I had a little water left in my cans from the previous job I did. Along the sidewalk are trees. I emptied what little water I had left, and this girl who was walking up to me, stopped in her tracks with a dumbfounded look on her face. Yes, I know it's raining lady, but what do you want me to do with this extra water? Throw it at you?? She walked past me, and started to laugh hysterically. Maybe I should have thrown water at you.

It didn't end there. I came into Subway to grab a sandwich, still holding the watering cans. As I presented my order, the lady behind the counter said, "You are watering plants in the rain?" AHHHHHHHH... it took every ounce of strength I had to not beat her with the 2 plastic cans I held.

Normally, I do not get any comments, and no one goes out of their way to say something to me. But when it's raining... oh man...

6 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Anonymous alyssa said...

poor markus, just tryin to do your job.

if you would have thrown water on that lady, you would have been my hero.

 
At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol Mark thats great! It just shows how incredibly retarted people really are

 
At 1:25 PM, Anonymous OWEN said...

that comment up there is from me.... not some weird stalker....

 
At 3:23 PM, Anonymous arkisman's Dad said...

What an unusual flower! It looks like it is on a Dracaena Massangeana Cane that is so old it has lost it's color markings making it look like a Dracaena Fragrans Cane. This is a very rare occurance! This only happens on very mature plants. I have only seen it 3 or 4 times in 20+ years of taking care of plants. Often times the flowering is triggered because the plant senses that it is about to die and it needs to reproduce. (I guess to preserve it's line) Where was it photographed?

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger parks said...

You are really funny! but you know i guess people are just ignorant, you should cut them some slack...on the other hand, i'd have thrown the water at her, and repented later at home or something!

 
At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Amy said...

Haha. That is too funny. You have to laugh at stupid people. Otherwise you're just crying at how dumb they are.

Hope to see you at HALO-ween! Two more days!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home