October 07, 2005

What happens here, stays here...


Hey everyone! I survived my little hell week that I had. 3 midterms, 1 paper, and a 100 page book are all under my belt. Now I all that I'm looking forward too is doing absolutely nothing this weekend.

So who here is going to homecoming? Anyone coming home from... say... across the state? across the country? across the world? If so, please give me a call over the weekend. Let's hook up at ENP, and reminisce.

So I took my floor down to Sesame Inn in Station Square for a floor dinner. I went with another RA (Erin) and her floor. I don't think it could have went better. The food was great, service was superb, and my faculty member (Dr. Spangler) really enjoyed spending time with us. And the bill was footed by ORL, so I didn't pay a dime. It really was a great experience.

I was going through the tech news again, and I found that they changed the ruling on the transition over to digital tv. They were expecting to cut off analog broadcasting for good, and switch to only digital. The current law sets the deadline as either December 31, 2006 or when 85 percent of the television audience can receive digital, whichever comes later. But instead, they pushed back the deadline to 2009. Why does this matter? Because it'll be even longer now before we all get high quality tv. Looks like those uber cool plasma and DLP tvs won't be dropping in price anytime soon.

And also, it appears that a bomb squad robot successfully disarmed a bomb that someone had in their mouth. Actually, there wasn't really a bomb, but the picture looks pretty funny. Check it here.

Oh, I couldn't decide what picture to put up on today's post. So, I found my album when I traveled out west to Vegas and the national parks, and decided on those pics. The Monte Carlo looks pretty nice in that pic...

Finally, I'd like everyone to know how much it sucks getting in 3rd place in poker. It... really blows. You play all that time, and you come away with nothing. I wouldn't be so upset, but this is the 3rd time it happened to me in the last 3 games I played with people :-(

2 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Michele said...

I would just like to let you know that I am coming all the way from...Zimbabwe to homecoming...I shall see you there, Markety.

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Bill said...

cry me a river. thats only the second time i finished in the money playing with you guys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home