November 07, 2005

Recap of TV for the week


Hey everyone... I hope yinz had a great weekend. Mine was pretty boring - I was on duty for most of it. Highlights of the weekend included losing $5 in poker, and a 3am fire drill. But other than that, I can't really complain. haha

Thank goodness that the regular Sunday night line-up returned to Fox last night. I had enough of the baseball playoffs, and if you watched the Simpsons, you would understand. Family Guy did a great job of criticising the FCC in their episode. One of the biggest problems that the FCC cracks down on isn't sex shown on tv... it's bathroom jokes. Poop jokes. Fart jokes. Apparently, it really is censored. What a crazy world...

Additionally, as I was going through the channels this weekend on TV, I believe it was A&E had a show about people in the airport. I think it's called... "Airport"... or "Airplane"... something like that. Basically what it is, is they go around airports looking for stories about people and their lost connections, baggage, problems with tickets, etc. It's a reality show in an airport. It sounds so stupid, but actually, it was really entertaining. I caught myself thinking, "Man... I really hope the pilot lets Samantha on the plane with her dog... because if she doesn't get on the plane, she won't be able to get off work again to see her mother, which she hasn't seen in 6 months." So... lookout for that TV show... 2 thumb up!

Another awesome TV series - I Love the 80's: 3D. I can't believe VH1 made a 3rd installment on their most popular decade. Fun Fact: Did you know that in 1982, PETA through cans of red paint on people that were wearing fur? I thought that was amazing.

Oh, so I guess I should explain the picture. This was from last year. We learned in our infinite wisdom of the people in the honors college that hand sanitizer is very flammable, but fun. So... yeah... I love college. haha

p.s.... the spell check wasn't working for some reason, so if you find and error... shove it.

Update: Forgot to mention a couple things that occurred... first off, I was in the process of going laundry tonight - one load of colors, one load of whites. I thought to myself, this'll be a good opportunity to bleach my whites. Well, I don't know what I was doing, but I accedently poured some bleach into the colored washer. CRAP. I just got my laundry out, and I some of my clothes are ruined. (Cough cough... if my parents are reading this, you should feel pity on me, and lend me a hand $ wise... cough cough). I feel so stupid. AHHH

Oh, and the newest craze going around is Sudoku. It's a fun number puzzle, played in many newspapers. I've started to play last month, and it's getting increasingly more addicting. Check out the game... located in the "puzzle" sections in your local newspapers.

4 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carnival of Personal Finance #21
Thanks for hosting this week! Busy week for me, I didn't have anything worth submitting this time around.
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to how to repair a road bicycle on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like how to repair a road bicycle!

 
At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Mom said...

No, I don't feel compelled to give you more money for clothes...there are still a lot here in your closet at home...

And I've watched the Airport show and enjoyed it also! I know it's kind of dumb to admit it...

 
At 12:41 AM, Anonymous MyShell said...

Mark, do you know what other reality show is on A&E and is quite better than Airport?

Mrs. Ludwig! My Mom loves it too!

 
At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Jackie said...

Threw and not through but it's ok because I love you anyway Mark :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home