December 16, 2005

Middle of December...


Here's a pic of the reflection off of the PPG building downtown during light up night. If you look closely at the windows, you can see people skating in the ice rink. Cool. Speaking of which, we got to go ice skating there soon. Even though I'm not real keen on the idea, I'll do it.

Today concluded the first semester of my second year here at Duquesne. And what a semester it was. I think I've worked the hardest yet, and it has paid off very well. The RA job is going well, I have some extra dough from working with my dad, my grades improved this semester, things are working out socially, and I'm really enjoying myself. Things to look forward next semester is my trip to Asia in May... I can't wait.

Now, I promised someone to write about our mall experience a couple of days ago.

Basically, we found out each others mannerisms. For example, Jordan's mannerisms or expressions include, "Not gonna lie." And Jen's are: "Oh please", and "What does that even mean?!" I suppose mine are "whatever floats your boat", and "No, wait". I don't know how we really got into that type of conversation, but we did. We used those phrases throughout the 28x bus ride to The Mall at Robinson, which, I'm sure pissed off the other passengers. We were the only ones talking, and everything we said included those phrases. They must have thought we were psycho or something. So anywho, we get to the mall, shop, and THEN we go to Ikea. I LOVE IKEA. I don't know why home furnishings get me going, but it goes. "$.50 for a candle wax catcher? That's MINE". I spent lots of money on weird Swedish items, but I don't regret it. I left the store enjoying a $.50 beef hot dog from the concession stand in Ikea. On the way home on the bus ride, I obviously had a lot of bags, so I placed them in the front of the 28x, which includes space to put suitcases and luggage. I placed it on the top shelf, and forgot about it. Then, the bus took a sharp turn on the way back, and a heavy picture frame came crashing down on this guy. Not the way I wanted to end my trip...

So I'm here at home until early January. I'll be on duty at Duquesne Dec 31st and Jan 1st (I don't want to hear about it), but other than those days, I'm up for anything. I realize that not everyone is fortunate to be out of finals yet, so I wish everyone the best of luck.

4 Comments:

At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Tanya said...

So, I'll be sharing in the delight of RA duty on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day as well. Just thought I would point that out that you won't be the only one.

Also, Trish, Joe, and I decided to get a group together to go to the PPG Ice Rink the weekend that we get back to school....like right after syllabus week and before our schedules get crazy. lol.

What's the other picture, by the way, and what's a "candle wax catcher?" Just wondering, so let me know when you get a chance.

 
At 6:59 PM, Anonymous lys said...

this kid makes up catholic words

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger louisalexander4609 said...

Make no mistake: Our mission at Tip Top Equities is to sift through the thousands of underperforming companies out there to find the golden needle in the haystack. A stock worthy of your investment. A stock with the potential for big returns. More often than not, the stocks we profile show a significant increase in stock price, sometimes in days, not months or years. We have come across what we feel is one of those rare deals that the public has not heard about yet. Read on to find out more.

Nano Superlattice Technology Inc. (OTCBB Symbol: NSLT) is a nanotechnology company engaged in the coating of tools and components with nano structured PVD coatings for high-tech industries.

Nano utilizes Arc Bond Sputtering and Superlattice technology to apply multi-layers of super-hard elemental coatings on an array of precision products to achieve a variety of physical properties. The application of the coating on industrial products is designed to change their physical properties, improving a product's durability, resistance, chemical and physical characteristics as well as performance. Nano's super-hard alloy coating materials were especially developed for printed circuit board drills in response to special market requirements

The cutting of circuit boards causes severe wear on the cutting edge of drills and routers. With the increased miniaturization of personal electronics devices the dimensions of holes and cut aways are currently less than 0.2 mm. Nano coats tools with an ultra thin coating (only a few nanometers in thickness) of nitrides which can have a hardness of up to half that of diamond. This has proven to increase tool life by almost ten times. Nano plans to continue research and development into these techniques due to the vast application range for this type of nanotechnology

We believe that Nano is a company on the move. With today�s steady move towards miniaturization we feel that Nano is a company with the right product at the right time. It is our opinion that an investment in Nano will produce great returns for our readers.

Online Stock trading, in the New York Stock Exchange, and Toronto Stock Exchange, or any other stock market requires many hours of stock research. Always consult a stock broker for stock prices of penny stocks, and always seek proper free stock advice, as well as read a stock chart. This is not encouragement to buy stock, but merely a possible hot stock pick. Get a live stock market quote, before making a stock investment or participating in the stock market game or buying or selling a stock option.

 
At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Doug said...

I am hearing you man on the NYE duty. I am not looking forward to spending it in Towers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home