January 10, 2006

This summer...


Well, I'm back at Duquesne for the start of what I hope is a great semester. I've moved back in, and decorated my walls a bit with various photographs I printed out over break. One frame that I bought smashed into little shards of glass because it slipped out of my hand while I was trying to hang it up on the wall. Great. What a mess.

But since I've decorated my room, I can't help but think. Is it time to bring my artwork to the world? Should I sell some of my best photos?

The push I needed happened tonight. I was with Jon, another RA here in Ann's, and he saw my photos, and really enjoyed them. I suggested that he take one of my frames and take some of my 4x6s so he can put it in his room. He asked why I don't sell them, or make postcards out of them. Well... maybe I should.

I'm fortunate enough that my dad has his own business, so I can start from there. I can showcase some of my photos around his store, and possibly work in some of my photos in his baskets. I talked with my dad, and even though the details aren't set yet, he is supportive, and willing. I think that's a good way to get off the ground.

I know I talked about this months ago, but what has remained on my mind is the Three Rivers Arts Festival. Could I possibly pull it off? I would love to showcase my photos to the general public for a few days during this summer. If I do go ahead with this, my goal would be to break even. It costs money for the tent and other various things, but I would just love to break even. Maybe someone else can join me with their artwork and we can go from there. I've put a little research into this, and if I was to go ahead with this, applications are due by February.

So, it's something to think about. My Christmas gift to my family were photo books of many of my photographs. My family loved it, and it's a great thing to keep on the coffee table when guests come over. I love looking at the reactions of people that view the photo book. Maybe it's time I get out of my comfortable little hole and showcase some of these photos to the world.

What do you think?

6 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Trisha said...

I think you should try to sell them. They are really awesome.

 
At 6:52 PM, Anonymous MyShell said...

can i see the book?
maybe its as cool as facebook...

 
At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Nicole said...

I think you should go for it. If I was confident enough/had enough art I would do it with you. :)

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous John P. said...

Hey Arkisman,

I might be interested in doing the art fest w/ you. i could submit some paintings or something . . . Jessie has quite a bit of her art stuff around too . . .

 
At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go for it!

 
At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

marquis- do it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home