February 27, 2006

Look at me...


Here's a pic of a lighthouse down in Miami. I took this right before I had a very interesting conversation with some locals about American Idol and what snow feels like. Whatever floats their boat...

So it was somewhat of a big week for me. I had a big week of school - hw, projects, midterms and all, and next week is no exception. I'm just really looking forward to Spring Break, which starts March 4 - March 12. So I'm not really sure what schools have off at that time - I think Pitt does tho. I'll be available, so call the BUTT and make some plans.

I was at a meeting with my RD, and we were discussing the renovated study lounge about to be completed in St. Ann's. He mentioned that he just needed some artwork. So... I had to ask him. I told him that I could have some pictures that he could use. I showed him my portfolio, and he ran it by the Director of Residence Life. They both agreed it was a good idea. So what does that mean for me? Well, I'm printing 6 photos of mine that I took around Pittsburgh in various locations. I'm priting them at 32x24, so they will be quite large. We'll also matte and frame them to perfection. I'm getting reimbursed for all my materials, plus a bit on top for my effort and artwork. I hope this can be completed before I leave for Spring Break. So, technically, I'm a professional photographer - I sold some of my artwork :-) .

I'll showcase my showcase when it is completed. I'm so excited!

One mistake that I made was going down to Ritz Camera this week to look at the cameras. I picked up a digital SLR, and... now I'm addicted. So chances are I'm going to make a major investment for my hobby in the next few weeks. But... if I'm serious about the matter, I need a serious camera.

I had the oppertunity to chillax with Ash, Shell, and Chris on Saturday, which included doing everything in Pittsburgh in one day. We went out to eat, we shopped in the Strip, we spent time at Duquesne and at Pitt, we ate some more, and finished the night with a movie. Thx for making it possible Ash.

I now have some "learn Chinese" CDs that my grandma picked up for me. Hopefully I'll know more than a couple of phrases before I leave for the mainland in May.

1 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this pic, Marquis!!

-Steph

 

Post a Comment

<< Home