March 28, 2006

How long has it been?


Uh, so yeah... sry for slacking off recently. I'm normally not this bad. I'll try to improve in the future... you have my promise.

Let's see, I haven't posted since, March 7th... wow. What is new with me...

Well, for starters, I got a new digital SLR camera (Canon Digital Rebel XT). I put a lot of money into it, but this should let me be a lot more creative and help me gain more experience. Like this picture for example. The only thing I did in Photoshop was make it black and white. It's pretty sweet.

So I know some people asked what was going on with this picture situation. Well, I sold some of my artwork to the Office of Residence Life here at Duquesne, and they will be displayed in a lobby here in St. Ann's. I'm still waiting on the frames for the pictures, so they aren't up yet. Maybe one of these days we'll get the frames... I dunno.

So, Tanya and my mom both sent me an interesting article that I somehow passed up this weekend. This kid attempted to spend his spring break in Wal-Mart. For 72 hours straight. You can read the interesting article here.

Today I found a really interesting program that you can try for a month. It is a brain wave generator. What you do, is plug in a pair of headphones to your computer, and let the program send you binaural beats that change your brain frequency towards the desired state, be it relaxation or enhanced attention. So, hypothetically, it can help you relax, fall asleep, quit smoking perhaps... i dunno. I've listened to it, and it is a little weird at first, but I think it can work. Maybe it's just all psychological, but who knows. Oh, and if any members of my family decide to try this out, I swear the "Relaxation 1" soundbyte sounds exactly like the humidifier we have at home. Maybe that's why I loved going to sleep with the humidifier on. Check out the program here. (free to try for one month)

Here's more pix I took with my new camera sitting at my desk. Sorta cool aint it? Meh, it's either that, or I was really bored.


3 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Anonymous Mom said...

Love the pics!!!

I can see that the new camera is going to take your photographs to a whole new level.

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger carinne said...

That humidifier thing made me laugh pretty hard.

I think a weird beating thing would drive me crazy. The water pipes in the building I live in are pretty bad, so anytime anyone flushes the toilet you hear the pipes rattling and stuff. One of the first nights back, I watched this really scary movie with things that eat people in pipes or something. So then I got really scared.

I don't know why weird things happen to me.

I'm boycotting walmart.

I hope you're getting as nice weather as we have out here!

You get a new camera all the time.

Okay I'm done.

 
At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI ##NAME##, I'm no expert, but that looks a pretty good blog you've got. I 'll come back again. I expect you'll have something else that catches my eye again. Cheers, Rex ##LINK##

 

Post a Comment

<< Home