May 22, 2006

Good ol' Xian...

So we are winding down our trip in China. Tomorrow, we are heading to Beijing for a day, then off to Tokyo till the 29th. I can't belive there is only about a week left in this trip. Although it seems that I have been with this group of students for forever, it'll be sad not to wake up to the same 23 students.

Yesterday we visited the Tera Cotta solders (probably misspelled) which was quite interesting. I'm sure not many people are familiar with the story behind it, but it is facinating that a tomb of an ancient chinese emperor was unearthed in the 1970s.

And then last night we hit the local clubs in Xian, but that's another story...

Today we were allowed to sleep in (w00t - first time during the trip) and visited a local temple. These past 2 days have been fairly relaxing, and we have had a lot of free time to ourselves, which is nice.

So this evening I was shopping in the local market, and I saw someone who looked familiar approaching. Sure enough, it was one of my professors at Duquesne. Dr. Gal-Or, who teaches object oriented programming and database management. So... he didn't come with us on the trip - he was just shopping too. Very bizarre. And what are the odds? He knew that we were in China at the time, but he didn't expect to see anyone. So, that was very cool.

And about an hour ago, we hit up the DVD store in Xian, and we got a lot of new DVDs. So... The Da Vinci Code came out 2 days ago, and it has already surfaced on DVD. So it's not the best quality or anything, but for 7 yuan, why the hell not (less than $1). I also picked up Mission Impossible 3 and V for Vendetta. w00t

Later ya'll

5 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Doug said...

Mark, I am so jealous of you guys over there. It sounds like such an awesome trip. I am thinking that since I am now a business major I am going to try and go next year.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger carinne said...

Want to see the pictures!

 
At 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 
At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 
At 11:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home