May 26, 2006

Tokyo - wow

Well, today was the first day that I saw my blog for the first time this month. As many of you know already, China filters out blogs from computers - it supposidly spreads democracy, which is not good in a communist country. But now that I'm in Japan, I can finally read people's comments and see how boring my blog is without pictures. Trust me, as soon as I get back, I will post a ton.

The other day we got into Tokyo, and for me, it could have been a lot better. As soon as I got to the airport, I went to an ATM to get out some Yen. I put in my card, punched in how much I need, and it was processing. It gave me my card back and my receipt as it was counting the money. All of a sudden, the money didn't come out, and the ATM experienced a fatal error and shut down. So, my bank account was charged for 20,000 yen, and I got squat. So, I'm trying to work it out with PNC bank trying to tell them that I didn't receive this money.

But that wasn't the worst part. As soon as I got into the bus leaving towards the hotel, I realized I forgot something. I forgot my iPod on the plane. I placed it into the back of the seat in front of me. I contacted the woman who was with us that new Japanese, and she called Northwest Airlines. After about 15 minutes, she delivered good news to me. The cleaning staff found the iPod. They were able to send the iPod to the hotel, which I just got a couple of hours ago. Sure the postage was a lot, but hey... it's either that or no iPod. Thank you staff of Northwest Airlines!

So we settled in, and met with some of the Japanese students at a local university here in Toyko. We gave a presentation that we worked on for this trip, and they presented theirs as well. Then I met the student (her name is Yui) who will be taking me around Tokyo tomorrow. It should be a lot of fun... we are going bowling as well :-)

We traveled by ourselves around Toyko by the Metro, which is a lot of fun. The subway system in Tokyo is sooooo massive... it is impossible to get around unless you have a map. And that can get confusing at many times. So, we went to many local places, saw the sites and sounds, and had a lot of fun. I actually just came back from the Tokyo City View, which is an observation floor on top of a large building... man Tokyo is huge. I can understand why they say it's the largest city in the world.

However, I have to keep this short, because like everything in Tokyo, everything is expensive, including the internet. This probably is gonna be my last post during the trip, because I'm coming back on Monday, which... is approaching quickly. I'll cya all soon...

Mark

4 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

i hope you had a great time there!

Maybe you could see my future homestay house from tokyo city view! (0o0)

 
At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 
At 1:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

 
At 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home