August 10, 2006

Who is the winnnnnnnnnner?

Well, first off I'd like to thank the people that submitted your photos. I got about 20-25 pictures to grade... not so bad. I appreciate everyone sending in there entries. When I had people judge these photos, I got a wide spectrum of people's taste. But I told them to grade on the photograph, not the subject. Well, here are the results.













Alright... so lots of people sent in scenery photos. But one of the high scorers was this one:


(Taken by Jon Waldbauer - Flags of Duquesne - *from is PHONE*)

And also, this one:

(sent in by Carinne Park- taken in Gettysburg PA)















Next category was people. Some of the pictures just... weren't good. But we did get a great entry.

(Taken by Jordan Posey - PPG Fountains)













For sports... we really didn't have an entry. Oh well, I guess it wasn't a popular genre.














Now, for night life, one entry stood out for the crowd, because it indeed encompass the "night life" genre.

(Taken by Jon Waldbauer - concert)













And then, we have animals. Best one of the bunch was this picture:

(Taken by Jordan Posey - Goose)













Now... for humor, we had some entries, but they weren't really deemed photo worthy. (I'm sry to the people that sent in some of these pics - you know who you are - just no one I talked to liked them)













And last but not least, there is Pittsburgh. There were two great entries, and here they are:

(Taken by Tanya Zehnder - Pittsburgh)


AND:
(Taken by Jordan Posey again - Smithfield St Bridge)




















Now... who takes the cake? Well, there was one picture on here that everyone liked no matter who they were.





























This person didn't think that this photo was good, but CARINNE PARK's photo of the Gettysburg fog was loved by all. Congrats Carinne! You did it - you are obviously not a lousy photographer. I even showed my mom afterwards, and she said she wants a print of it.


So what did you win Carinne? You win a $10 gift certificate to iTunes. So buy what you like... hope you enjoy.



So if anyone is interested, there is a real photo contest going on from VisitPittsburgh. They are looking for pics of Pittsburgh and the countryside. Winner nets a cool $1,000. Check it out if you are interested here (that's a little more than my measly $10 gift certificate).

6 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Mom said...

Hey Mark,

Send in your PPG glass refection photo to the contest!

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger carinne said...

Hey I didn't even have to bribe the judges (who were the judges??)! That's exciting!! Woo-hoo (does a little dance.)!!

I'm going to refer my mom to here. I want to show her my talents.

Jon Waldbauer has one heck of a camera phone. That picture is so clear. I also really like the pictures by Jordan and Tanya. The one of the kids is adorable and the shot of Pittsburgh is from an excellent angle.

Anyway that's really cool!! It just made my day!! TGIF indeed.

 
At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think should her prize should have been a case of dunkin sticks.

Car's Mum

 
At 1:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one is real funny -- Henry's family is going on vacation — to the Wild West! Check the Henry and Mudge and the Tumbling Trip for some quality time with your little ones.

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your arkisman.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

 
At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever thought about including a little bit more than just your articles?
I mean, what you say is important and everything.
However think of if you added some great visuals or videos to give your
posts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but with pics and video clips, this website could definitely be one of the best in its niche.

Wonderful blog!

Feel free to visit my site - Eurocardsharing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home